Monday, November 3, 2008

THrIcK oR ThrEaT!

Tinkerbell and Peter Pan or Captain Hook was what I was going for.  KADEN had another idea.  To Infinity and Beyond! 


What officer?  No candy!

She wouldn't put her candy in her bucket.  She would just take a piece, eat it, finish it and then move onto the next door.

Here's a glimpse of my little Main Street for all of my friends that don't understand where I come from.  No stoplights!  Anywhere!


Logan and Reese

Kaden, Logan and Reese.


Getting ready for the parade to start.

The Landmarks came over and we did Make-Up on the girls!


I finally made the famous DeGroot Family Pumpkin Stew.  It tasted amazing!  We will be making it every Halloween.  Promise!  5 1/2 years of marriage and I finally gave it a try.  Why did I wait this long?  




Is Halloween always the coldest day of the year?  Or is it just my imagination?  My Sweet Home Alabama of a town I live in had a parade down Main Street for all the little ones.  The vendors on Main Street all come out to the curb and hand out candy.  

The parade was also equipped with a costume competition...um...no... REESE didn't win and yes I'm still a little sore from the loss.  I wish I would have snapped a photo of the winner.  You would all agree with me that Tinker Bell is so much cuter than Little Bow Peep that didn't even have a staff!  It made the loss even worse when all the people on Main Street kept asking me if REESE won.  It hurt each time I had to say no and try to keep a smile on my face!  If anything, I feel bad I made REESE wear these wings the size of her entire body and she had to try so hard not to fall over backwards! ...and she still didn't win!

Thanks guys!  I've vented and now I think I'm over it.  Probably not!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Kaden and Reese - you guys look so cute in your costumes...I mean...Kaden - you look really manly:) Yay for Dinner in a Pumpkin - Jake doesnt' really like it that much (he'll eat it, though - he's a good sport), but I was afraid if I didn't get my kids on board with it, I'd have to find something else...luckily this year the kids liked it (phew!)! And your Main Street is still bigger than our Main Street!

Trav and Linds said...

Your kids look so cute! That is funny that our girls were the same thing, Savannah is obsessed with everything Tinkerbell right now. It was so good to talk to you the other day!

Julie said...

That's a sweet Buzz costume you got there Kaden! (Much better then most of the ones I saw on Halloween!) And I love, love, love little Tinkerbell! Those wings are awesome! And of course Reese definitely rocks the tutu like its hot as usual! You big people didn't dress up this year? Ah, come on! Actually neither did David or I...slow year! Good for you making the pumpkin - I actually didn't make it this year (actually I don't think I did last year either). You're all so cute!