Friday, March 14, 2008

Go DiEgO gO!

Last night Brandaan asked Kaden what was on the T.V.  Kaden say's, "Oh...That's a whale."  Then Kaden asks Brandaan what kind of a whale it was.  Brandaan told him that it was a killer whale and Kaden says, "Um...no daddy that's a orcha."  Brandaan and I look at each other like...um is that our son? 
Then today at the bank he asked me what the teller was doing and I told him that she was counting the money.  He then points his finger at the money she's counting and says, "uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete..."  When we got back to the office I told him to tell daddy how he can count in Spanish.   Brandaan looks at me like...yeah right!  Sure enough, he counts to ten in Spanish once again.

As much as I would like to take credit for this intelligence, I had no idea.  He watches Diego in the car, but he wears head phones while I listen to my XM.  I really had no idea that Diego was so educational.  Kid tested and mother approved!  Go DiEgO gO!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Heehee - don't you love it when the kids do something smart even when the parents had nothing to do with it?:) "Orca" is one word we taught the girls when we went to Sea World because "killer whale" didn't sound that nice...but they learned Spanish from Dora and Diego, too. I bet if you show Kaden some other obscure animal pictures, he'd know those from Diego, too - Josh has impressed us with such animals as "Scarlett Macaw", "Sloth", "Kapibara" (I don't even really know what that one is), "Chincilla", etc. At least TV is smarter than when we were kids...I don't know if there was anything educational about Scooby Doo and Strawberry Shortcake:)

Trav and Linds said...

Yah, a new post from the Degroot fam! I was so happy to hear from you! We miss you guys a ton too! Every time we drive past your house Boston still asks if you guys are ever moving back. It looks like you guys are doing well Idaho. Your kids are so dang cute! I can't believe how big they are getting! Keep in touch for sure and let us know if you ever make it back to Utah to visit!

Julie said...

I'm so happy you made some new posts! We miss you guyst! Jonah keeps telling me "I miss my best friend Kaden SOO much!" I'm glad you're doing good! Kaden's b-day looked like fun! We'll have to plan a trip up there next year, say around the same time as the crab feast :) David and Jonah would be in heaven!